Consider the Carolina Student Transfer Excellence Program (C-STEP). C-STEP is designed to foster success by identifying talented low-to-moderate income students while they are early in their community college careers. Selected students are guaranteed eventual admission to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill provided they complete the Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree and maintain a minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 3.2. By the time C-STEP students enroll as juniors at Carolina, they have already forged connections with Carolina students, faculty, and staff – connections that lead to smoother transitions, strong engagement, and better success.
To be considered for the C-STEP program, students need to complete items below by April 1, 2016.
- Fill out the online application. Please include all requested information. If you answer “yes” to any of the community standards questions, please submit an explanation and supporting documentation as requested in the instructions. Please note that we are unable to review incomplete applications that do not include an explanation and support documentation to any community standards incidents.
- Mail your official hard copy transcripts from your graduating high school and all colleges and universities attended. Please note that you must submit transcripts from all post-secondary institutions in which you have enrolled, regardless of whether you completed coursework.
- Email two electronic letters of recommendation in PDF format to email@example.com
- Email your FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR). Please note that this report will be emailed to you after you fill out the FAFSA. Please forward the report via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- High school students only: Official SAT or ACT results, or scores from a community college placement exam.
For more information please visit our website at C-STEP Website.