- Advising and Student Services will be available until 5:00 on December 22nd, and will return January 3rd after the holiday break.
- If you register between December 13th-January 4th, payment will be due January 4th by 5:00 with the Cashier or midnight on WebAdvisor.
- The Waitlist ends on December 22nd, so after that date, keep looking for an open seat.
- The first week of school, Jan 5th-11th is Adjustment Week, so you can add/drop classes during this time. Beginning Jan 5th, pay the day you register. Jan 5th-11th, there is a 75% refund on classes, so remember to add/drop at the same time if you are switching classes or sections. You can drop only between Jan 12th-17th.
Today is first payment deadline for classes. If you registered for classes between October 31st-December 12th, payment is due by 5:00 at the Cashier’s office or Midnight online through WebAdvisor. WTCC now has a payment plan if this will help. You can find more information here: http://www.waketech.edu/student-services/registration-student-records/payment-deadlines/tuition-payment-plan
Don’t have time to wait to see an Academic Advisor? Academic advising appointments are now available to students on WTCC Northern Campus. Appointments are available to most students in new programs* and continuing students in Associate in Arts (AA) and Associate in Science (AS) college transfer programs.
To make an appointment, click here http://www.waketech.edu/about-wake-tech/locations/northern-wake-campus/academic-advising All appointments will be held in Building B, room 239 at the Northern Wake Campus. Please check in at the front desk when you arrive.
Limited appointments will be available to students on a first-come, first-served basis. Appointments will be available until Nov 8, 2016.
*Health Science students must see an Advisor at the Perry Health Science campus. The exception to this are the Human Services Technology and Health & Fitness Science program students. New Health Science students should attend an Information Session first; the sessions are mandatory for those interested in Nursing, Radiography, Dental Hygiene and Dental Assisting.
Are you concerned about your current standing in a class and thinking about withdrawing? Here are a few FAQ that might help with your decision..
There are many RESOURCES at Wake Tech to help with success in the classroom. Your first resource is your instructor’s office hours. The Individual learning Center (ILC) has free tutoring services. The STEM lab helps with Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. The REAL center helps with English classes, the SPEAK center will help with speech classwork. These are just a few of the resources available. There is also Single Stop, the NEST, and Wellness Services available when life doesn’t go as planned. Student Services personnel can point you in the right direction for resources that could help you get back on track or give you the support you need to be successful.
What is the deadline to withdraw (Fall 2016)?
- For a 1st mini-mester class, the deadline is September 20th.
- For 16 week classes, the deadline is October 28th.
- For the 2nd mini-mester, the deadline is November 22nd.
Will this show on my transcript? Yes, it will show as a “W” grade, but will not be calculated into or affect your GPA.
Will this affect my Financial Aid? Financial Aid keeps track of your completion rate, so meet with your financial aid counselor to see how a “W” will affect your current and/or future award.
Tuition payments are due Tuesday by 5:00 PM at the Cashier’s Office or by 12:00 Midnight online through WebAdvisor. Any classes you register for between July 18th and August 16th, payment is due August 16th. Classes begin Wednesday, August 17th. Adjustment Week is August 17th-August 23rd for full semester 16 week classes, so you can Add/Drop during that week and pay as you register (daily). You can Add/Drop First-8-Week classes on August 17th or the18th (pay daily).
Meet with your advisor now, before classes fill and wait-times get long! First day of Fall 2016 semester is August 17th. If you are a new student or a transfer student, Advising is open Monday-Thursday 8am-6pm and Friday 8am-5pm in NB, room 239. If you are in an AAS program, you must meet with with your assigned advisor. Health Science programs must attend Information Sessions and meet with an Advisor at the Perry Health Science campus.
GOPASS WILL BECOME VALID ON AUGUST 15, 2016. The GoPass allows Wake Tech students to ride GoRaleigh buses to and from the college for free!
- -To be eligible, students must be currently enrolled and in good academic standing, with a valid Wake Tech ID.
- -The GoPass IS free, good for transportation to and from the college on GoRaleigh bus routes only, and valid Monday through Friday.
- -The GoPass IS NOT transferable – it is valid only for the student to whom it was issued.
- -The GoPass IS NOT valid on weekends or during student breaks and holidays.
To get your GoPass: visit the ID/parking office at the Northern Wake Campus, Building D, rm 103 (Temporarily in NE, rm 414). Don’t lose your GoPass! It is good for one year and must be replaced every August in the ID/parking decal office. To use your GoPass: Visit raleighnc.gov/transit to plan your trip, which bus to ride, and when and where to board. Show the bus driver your Wake Tech ID. Swipe your GoPass through the electronic fare box (next to the driver). The 25L bus stop is between buildings D and E on the Northern Campus. GoPasses will be deactivated for students who do not comply with requirements or are no longer enrolled.