Need Health Insurance?
Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)
Open Enrollment Nov. 1 – Dec. 15
Wake Tech is offering free one-on-one appointments to students on campus. Schedule your appointment to understand your options:
Or call 1-855-733-3711 to make an appointment over the phone.
Remember: Everyone is required to take one of the following actions:
- Secure health insurance coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace, a job, Medicaid (including NC Health Choice), VA Coverage, or Medicare
- Secure an exemption from the Marketplace, or on your tax return (most are income-based exemptions), or
- Pay a tax penalty of up to $695 per uninsured adult ($347 for children), or 5% of your household’s gross income – whichever is greater.
You have until December 15th to sign up for a plan that will cover you for 2018. Nearly 9 in 10 Marketplace enrollees in North Carolina have received financial assistance. Explore your options with an in-person appointment.
What do I need to bring or know for the appointment?
- Proof of income (pay stubs, etc.)
- Social Security numbers / other identifying information
This communication is brought to you in partnership with MDC – a grant-funded nonprofit (located in downtown Durham) that offers free in-person assistance navigating North Carolina’s Health Insurance Marketplace (www.healthcare.gov). All services are free and confidential.