Khadijah Daniels graduated from Wake Tech in May and will be continuing her education at William Peace University. She’s also signed a letter of intent to play basketball for the Pacers this fall.
- Apply yourself in the classroom to the best of your ability. Grades matter and you’re going to need solid grades no matter if you are entering the workforce or transferring to a 4-year school.
- Always sit in the first two rows in class!
- No matter what, participate in class.
- Organize and plan accordingly. It’s so important to be able to manage time wisely
- Skill your craft and always work hard. Whether it’s baseball, soccer, basketball, golf, or volleyball- practice hard to get the results you want.
Read her Success Story
Khadijah Daniels Signs to Play Basketball at William Peace University
Wake Tech graduate, Sarah Allevato was recently featured on WRAL after she won the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation’s Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship. What’s the secret to Sarah’s success? Read along for her Top 5 Scholarship Tips…
- Write Passionately—the best way to stand out from the rest is to write with lots of emotion and authenticity. It doesn’t matter how amazing your personal statement is, if it’s not able to evoke empathy then the judges will forget it.
- Don’t Underestimate yourself—A lot of people are deterred from writing scholarships because they think their personal story, or journey, is not good enough to deserve a scholarship. I can say with confidence that your story is enough. In the end, it’s really not even about what you write, but how you write it.
- Have all your essays proofread—What I really struggled with was grammar. I could write endless pages of quality content right off the top of my head, but I made so many grammatical errors, like comma splices and run-on sentences, that it overshadowed my work. So, I had every essay checked for grammatical and spelling errors by my school tutors. This is a must if you want to write a winning essay.
- Find your scholarships through a scholarship listing website—For me, it was easy finding scholarships because they were all in one place. I used the website: https://jlvcollegecounseling.com/ to find scholarships to apply to. This website has the option of filtering scholarships by deadline. I would usually apply for scholarships that had a deadline that was at least two weeks out.
- Never Give Up— It might take a long time and a lot of rejection letters before you win a scholarship, for me it took 7 months and 72 rejection letters, but when you do win, the time and effort will be well worth it. After all, a winner is only a loser who tried one more time.
Super Bowl Sunday is almost here, and it’s all about New England Patriots and Philadelphia Eagles.
But Saturday belongs to the Wake Tech Eagles – your home team!
The Eagles men’s basketball team will play rival Pitt Community College this Saturday, February 3, at 3:00 p.m. They’re flying high after last months’ wins over two nationally-ranked teams – but they need your help to keep their momentum!”
Support the Eagles as we kick off Super Bowl weekend!
Southern Wake Campus, Building N, Gym. All students enter FREE with a valid Wake Tech ID!
Anyone interested in playing on the softball team this spring can tryout on any of the following days:
Wed., Jan. 24th; Thurs., Jan. 25th; Fri., Jan. 26th from 2:30-4:30 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 27th from 9am – 11am
Must be a full time student (enrolled in 12 hours or more).
10005 Lake Wheeler Road, Fuquay Varina
Tryout participants can contact Assistant Athletics Director, Stephanie Sports, firstname.lastname@example.org if they have additional questions.
Head coach Barry Street is looking to add to the roster.
Check out the requirements, then give him a call today!
Must have been full time fall 2017 (12 or more hours)
Minimum of a 2.0 GPA
Registered full time Spring 2018
Contact head coach at 919-866-5508
Wake Tech Rugby!
There’s a movement to start a rugby club at Wake Tech. Are you interested?
Practice is held every Monday & Wednesday, 4pm-6pm, Lake Benson Park in Garner. Feel free to come out as often as you’d like. Be sure to bring water, cleats & a mouthguard.
For more info contact:
Check out this unique opportunity to visit with representatives from Lenovo! Mark your calendars for October 23rd from 5:00pm-7:00pm. See you there.
Are you looking to get involved with Wake Tech Athletics as a mascot? The timing couldn’t be better. There’s an opening for our mascot (Talon) and we need you to fill the void.
Attending home games, special events, and public appearances are part of the responsibilities. Contact Head Cheerleading Coach, Maureen Cunningham at 919-866-7104 or email@example.com for more details.
Leave a lasting impression by being the ultimate symbol of Wake Tech Athletics.
NEW! – Northern Wake Tech – Mr. Mongolian is a local food truck serving custom made Asian stir fry. You can choose any combination of 8 vegetables and 4 proteins from the attached order form to create your bowl. Their specially trained staff will cook it with their special sweet and savory Mongolian Sauce, and put it over your choice of fried or steamed rice. Yum! Please use a highlighter to fill out the order form.
NEW! – Friday hours for the food trucks are now 10:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Lunch hours are Monday through Thursday, 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Friday hours are 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Please note that menu items are subject to change.
MoJoe’s Special – Six inch Meatball with Marinara Sauce and Parmesan Cheese $5.99 including fries and drink.
Southern Wake (Main)
Monday – Hibachi Xpress – Japanese cuisine http://www.hibachixpress.com/menu
Tuesday – American Meltdown – Gourmet Melts http://www.americanmeltdown.org/the-truck/
Wednesday – Bulkogi – Korean BBQ http://www.bulkogikrnbbq.com/menu/
Thursday – Rolling Bistro – Specialty American sandwiches http://www.rollingbistro.net/menu.html and The Cookie People – http://thecookiepeople.net/
Friday – Las Gringas Mexican – http://www.tacoslasgringas.com/menu
Monday – Sarge’s Chef – Asian & Caribbean flair http://www.sargeschefonwheels.com\the-truck
Tuesday – SoomSoom – American and Middle Eastern blend – http://www.soomsoompitapockets.com/menu.html
Wednesday – Las Gringas Mexican – http://www.tacoslasgringas.com/menu
Thursday – Mr. Mongolian- https://www.mrmongolian.com/menus
Friday – Bulkogi – Korean BBQ http://www.bulkogikrnbbq.com/menu/