The 2019–2020 FAFSA form is here! Some states and schools have limited funds, so it’s important to submit your application today. Don’t worry, we’re here to help! Wake Tech’s Financial Aid team has come up with 5 tips to get you started on the right path:
- EVERYONE should complete the FAFSA at least one time. You don’t know if you are eligible for grants if you don’t do it. You can’t rely on what your friends and neighbors tell you about their experience!
- Most everyone is eligible for loans, but you have to complete the FAFSA, first.
- Be sure to fill out the correct FAFSA. Complete the 2018-2019 FAFSA for Fall 2018/Spring 2019/Summer 2019. Complete the 2019-2020 FAFSA for Fall 2019/Spring 2020/Summer 2020.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to ensure the accuracy of your tax information.
- Slow down and read the instructions carefully before answering each question. A few extra minutes there could save weeks of verification processing time.
Don’t forget to take advantage of FAFSA Day!
Get help completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Wake Tech will host FAFSA Day Saturday, October 27, 9a.m. – 12p.m. at the Southern Wake Campus. Assistance will also be available during the RTP Campus Open House.